Monday, June 4, 2012

Transformers


Did you see the 2007 hit movie Transformers?  Me neither...I'm not really their target market.  But I am in the business of transforming and I know you are, too.  In the movie, cars and trucks transform into alien robots.  My transformation of fabric into beautiful window treatments might not have the flash and glitz of Hollywood but I did work a little magic on this valance transformation. 



The valance on the left was one of a pair of valances in a master bedroom, coordinating with the bedding.  When the bed and bedding were moved into the guest bedroom, the designer wanted the valances to move, too.  The fabric had to come off the board to re-size the existing valances because the new windows were narrower.  As I was looking at the cut shape of the existing valance on my worktable (shown below left), I came up with the idea of changing the hem shape to completely change the valance style (shown above and below right).  With new trim and a new shape, this valance has an updated, fresh look.




I'm sure all of your room transformations are as amazing as Optimus Prime's!  The next time you need window treatments to help in the transformation, contact me at peggy@parkwaywindowworks.com

No comments:

Post a Comment